Listed in: Soups, Stews, Chili & Gumbo
1 pound leeks, cleaned and dark green sections removed, approximately 4 to 5 medium
3 tablespoons Oilerie Dill EVOO
Heavy pinch kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
14 ounces, approximately 3 small, Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced small
1 quart vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup crispy bacon
Oilerie Truffle EVOO, for drizzling
1. Chop the leeks into small pieces.
2. In a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat, add the Oilerie Dill EVOO. Add the leeks and a heavy pinch of salt and sweat for 5 minutes.
3. Decrease the heat to medium-low and cook until the leeks are tender, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the potatoes and the vegetable broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and gently simmer until the potatoes are soft, approximately 45 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and puree the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream, buttermilk, and white pepper.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
7. Ladle into a bowl, sprinkle with crispy bacon, drizzle with Oilerie Truffle EVOO and serve immediately.
Adapted from Alton Brown (Good Eats) on www.foodnetwork.com
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category: